(Updated/Effective 5/11/2022) THE FOLLOWING WRITTEN PLAN TO ENABLE SOCIAL DISTANCING WITHIN THE OFFICES OF BOWERMAN, FORD, CLULO & LUYT, P.C. IS MADE IN COMPLIANCE WITH CURRENT GUIDANCE FOR COVID-19 FROM THE US CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL AND PREVENTION (CDC) AND RECOMMENDATIONS IN “GUIDANCE ON PREPARING WORKPLACES FOR COVID-19,” DEVELOPED BY THE OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY ADMINISTRATION (OSHA).
1. An employee shall self-monitor and immediately notify a member of the COVID-19 team IF YOU HAVE SYMPTOMS and one of the following applies:
a) You are a close contact with someone who has COVID-19. “Close contact” is defined as someone in the presence of someone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or longer in a 24 hour period AND being less than 6 feet away starting 2 days before the infected person developed symptoms or, for asymptomatic patients, 2 days prior to the date they were tested until the time the person is isolated.
b) You have traveled recently.
c) You have been around people where it may have been an exposure site.
If any of the above pertains to you, please stay home and take a COVID test and do the following based on the criteria:
HAVE SYMPTOMS (tested Negative):
• up to date on vaccinations – return to normal activities, wear a mask indoors if community level is high
• not up to date on vaccinations – Wear a well-fitting mask for 5 full days anytime you are around others
HAVE SYMPTOMS (tested positive): ISOLATE
• if had symptoms – end isolation after 5 full days if you are fever free for 24 hours and your symptoms are improving
• if no symptoms – end isolation after 5 days after your positive test
2. The written plan to enable social distancing within the offices of Bowerman, Ford, Clulo & Luyt, P.C. is as follows:
a) All worker’s shall keep a distance of 6 feet of space from another person for employees working in shared spaces.
b) Employees are prohibited from using other employee’s phones, desks, offices, or other work tools and equipment, when possible.
c) All employees shall frequently and thoroughly wash hands and / or use hand sanitizer. Hand sanitizer has been provided to staff and placed in all common areas of the office.
3. The written plan to limit exposure to COVID-19 within the offices of Bowerman, Ford, Clulo & Luyt, P.C. is as follows:
a) Cleaning and disinfecting the office as needed and cleaning and disinfecting the conference rooms after it has been used.
b) In the event of a positive COVID-19 case in the office, affected areas of the office will be closed and cleaned and disinfected immediately.
c) An employee who is sick shall not report to work.
4. The written plan when an employee is identified with a confirmed case of COVID-19 within the offices of Bowerman, Ford, Clulo & Luyt, P.C. is as follows:
a) Comply with any local notification guidelines.
b) Within 24 hours, notify employees, clients, contractors, or suppliers who may have come into contact with the person with a confirmed case of COVID-19.
c) An employee with a confirmed case of COVID-19 can return to the office only after they are no longer infectious according to the latest guidelines from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
d) No employee will be discharged, disciplined or otherwise retaliated against who stay home or who leave work when they are at a particular risk of infecting others with COVID-19.
e) A confirmed infection in the workplace will result in sending employees home and a temporary closure of all or part of the office to allow for deep cleaning.
f) An employee’s ability to work remotely during quarantine will be determined at the sole discretion of the office COVID-19 team. Any employee that is not authorized to work remotely will: 1) use his or her paid time off; or 2) take the quarantined time as unpaid at the sole discretion of the office COVID-19 team.